Is it safe to use trimmer for pubic hair?
With so many trimmers on the market, it’s easy for men to get confused about which trimmer is the best one to use when trimming their pubic hair. If you’re wondering if it is safe to use a trimmer on your pubic hair and groin area, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ll go over the benefits of trimming your pubic hair and then we’ll take a look at the cons.
Is It Healthy To Trim Pubic Hair?
Yes, it is very healthy to trim your pubic hair. You may have a few people who don’t agree with this statement, but the fact of the matter is that most men and women will tell you that they prefer a trimmed bush over a long patch of pubes. Additionally, this can lower the risk of bacteria buildup.
How does trimming compare to using hair removal cream?
Hair removal cream is one of the most painful ways to remove pubic hair, but it is also incredibly effective. Not only does it take much less time than shaving or using a trimmer, but it’s also very easy to do. Some people will even use hair removal cream on their balls because there are so many nerve endings in this area.
Trimming pubic hair also takes a while and you need to take care not to damage the skin, whereas hair removal cream doesn’t require any shaving or trimming. You simply apply it like lotion where you want to remove the hair and wait for it to do its job.
However, if you decide to use hair removal cream on your pubic area, you will need to take some extra precautions. First, test the cream on a small patch of skin before applying it to all of your pubic hair. If there are no issues after 24 hours, then apply the cream to the rest of your crotch.
Things To Note When Choosing a Trimmer For Pubic Hair
* If you use an electric trimmer, make sure that it’s been approved for use in wet areas. You may also want to pick up a cordless grooming device that is battery operated which gives you more power and makes it easier to trim in hard-to-reach places.
* A quality pubic hair trimmer will come with attachments that allow you to achieve the length of hair that you are looking for. These lengths should be short enough so that they don’t poke out of your swimsuit, but long enough to make a statement.
The Safest Trimmer For Pubic Hair
The safest trimmer is most certainly the Braun All-in-one MGK3980, Read our full review here.
Using a trimmer definitely has its cons as well. First, you need to have a steady hand and be confident in your abilities to avoid nicking or cutting yourself. In addition, many of the attachments will make grooming uncomfortable if they are too large for the area that you are trimming.
Top tips for shaving pubic hair with a trimmer
1. Shave after you shower because your hair will be soft and the skin on your pubic area will be warm, which makes for easier shaving. You can also use some quality shaving cream or gel to make this process even more comfortable.
2. If you are using an electric trimmer, make sure that it’s approved for wet areas.
3. If you are concerned about your trimmer getting wet, you can pick up a cordless grooming device that is battery operated which gives you more power and makes it easier to trim in hard-to-reach places.
4. Groom in the direction of hair growth in order to avoid tugging and pulling on the skin.
5. Make sure not to stretch the skin as you shave because this could cause nicks and cuts.
6. Use a quality trimmer that comes with attachments so you can achieve the length of hair that you are looking for, which should be short enough so that it doesn’t poke out of your swimsuit but long enough to make a statement.
7. If you do get nicks and cuts, be sure to disinfect the area and use an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream or aloe vera gel to reduce any chance of infection.
The Bottom Line
Trimmers are a great way to trim your pubic hair. They make it easy for you to get rid of any unwanted hairs without having to worry about nicks or cuts that can happen when shaving with a razor. The best trimmer will be made from high-quality materials and use sharp blades so they don’t pull on the skin too much as they cut through the hair, making them an ideal choice for sensitive body parts like this one. We have reviewed many different groomers in our blog post, which features some pros & cons of these products as well as recommendations on who might find each option helpful.
Have you tried using a trimmer yet? What did you think about it? Let us know by leaving us a comment